CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Another late night

Ahhh! I'm up at 2:45 AM again, but I'm SEW SO excited. I finished a little package of matching gifts for a friend. It's kind of a surprise, but she may be reading this, so SURPRISE!

I won't go in to detail but I'm so elated because I DIDN'T MESS UP! Sorry for the caps, but this is a huge success for me- I always mess up something in every project that I do. Yeah yeah yeah! Praise the Lord!

Here are the pics, from start to finish.
First, I had to make a sling for the same friend.....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then Caroline wanted down....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then I finished it all up after she went to sleep and here it is- a purse, a diaper/wipes holder and a key fob. w00t!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pearl snap on both bags
Photobucket


Goodnight!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! That looks fantastic!! She is going to love it!

4get2remember said...

Wow Katie - that's really incredible!!! It looks like you bought it at some high-end store...that would have cost a million dollars anywhere else!!

Such beautiful, meticulous work...I'm so proud of you!

You do know, however, that once people realize what all you can do, you're going to be in high demand!!!

Now, to put on my big sister hat: Don't you dare say you make mistakes. Everything you do is wonderful and beautiful, and creating a "perfect" piece of work, in my opinion, loses the "you" element in it. That's why all handmade items have a warning that reads something like this:

The handcrafted nature of this product will produce slight variations in form and style, thus ensuring you receive a truly unique gift.

Work those variations, girl!

Katie said...

Aw, thanks girls. And you're right heather- i'll make sure to throw in a few 'variations' on purpose next time! :)

Sew Happy Momma said...

Oh my gosh, girly those are sew beautiful. You should really open your own store!!! You did great.