CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

For adult use only

Super glue and I don't mix. I was trying to fix a coffee mug that had lost its handle. Simple enough- cover the nubs on the mug with super glue and then hold the handle in place for a few minutes. It was one of those clean breaks- the handle fit perfectly on the cup- no little cracks or anything. You would never have known.


Except, when I covered the nubs in super glue I didn't see that the clear glue was running down the cup. So as I held the handle firmly in place, my fingers were being glued to the cup! It was like a movie! got all but one off in time. The last one (my pinkie) hurt and I got Michael to turn the hot water on and it came off.

The white is ALL the super glue. It's everywhere, and my skin feels like it has a huge callous on it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My pink where it really stuck- ow!!
Photobucket

Wow- what a fun 15 minutes. Michael threw the cursed mug in the trash. What a sweet guy. Oh and in the fitting-the-handle-onto-the-mug part (before I got stuck) the handle slipped and cut a nice little place in the area between my finger and thumb. It bled like I had used a knife!
*Caution- blood!*
*****
****
***
**
*
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh wow! That looks like it really hurt. That is something I would do!

Mammy said...

I have warned you about playing with superglue and sharp things!!

Christie Philyaw, Pastry Chef said...

Man, that looks awful! I know the feeling of super glue on one little part of your finger is so annoying! I can't imagine your whole hand. Good for Pastor Michael, I think that mug was out to get you!

4get2remember said...

Um...I heard the only way for that to come off is my submerging your hand in boiling water for several minutes. That or rubbing baby oil on it with a cotton ball. Either way should work.

You're on your own with the bleeding. I vote for a tourniquet.

Sew Happy Momma said...

Hey that is really bad, but to make you feel a little better, one time at work, i was trying to super glue something and couldn't get the lid off, so instinctively i bit the top and tried to unscrew the top off, when the entire bottle burst inside my mouth and superglued my tongue to my lips and my lips together!